FROM 7 860 $ CAD
Valid until 29/08/2016
Semi-guided 5 nights or 6 nights – (custom package available)
Here is a semi-guided fishing trip specially designed for the truly adventurous fishermen. Your semi-guided fishing trip starts off with a full orientation from an experience arctic char fly fishing guide. You will be shown everything you need to know about where and how to catch the chars. Once we have you catching fish, you get to be in charge of your own schedule. You will then live the authentic experience to fish and camp out on one of the Ungava’s most productive char river.
Added Features of Rapid Lake Lodge
– Guaranteed departures for groups of three (3) participant or more
– A variety of fishing grounds
– The authentic experience to spend a few days in the wilderness
– Meals providing a taste of Nunavik cuisine
– Early booking discount on some dates (please check with us)
Price per person, triple occupancy (7 days / 6 nights) from 8 085 $ CAD (plus tax).
Our Price Includes:
- >Round-trip jet flight between Montreal and Kuujjuaq
- >Round-trip flight between Kuujjuaq and Barnoin River Camp
- >Group information meeting with your tour guide from Day 1 to Day 7
- >Semi-guided fishing excursions by floatplane with a pilot-guide who speaks French and English
- >Fly-out to the fishing site
- >Lodging; at the main lodge in cosy private cabin with showers and hot water
- >Four overnight stays in bivouac under the tent
- >Full board including dinner on the first day up to breakfast on the last day
- >Our outstanding Ungava-style hors d’œuvres
- >Snacks and beverages between meals
- >Preparation, freezing and packaging of your catch
- >Free access to Wi-Fi
Optional activities – can be added on request, personal gear, alcoholic drinks, provincial fishing licenses*, taxes, tipping at your discretion (international standard 100-200$ USD / pers./ week).
*May be purchased at the camp
Further detailed tax info is available in the “Rates” section. http://www.rapidlake.com/en/francais-tarifs/
Legend: ■ Complete ■ Guaranteed departure ■ In progress
The states of booking fluctuate according to the options, the cancellations and the inscriptions.
These legends are not contractual but communicated for information purposes.
DATES 2016: (7 jours/ 6 nuits); August 3-9, 9-15, 15-21, 21-27 and August 27 – Sept. 2
FLIGHT TIME: about 3 hours
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: minimum 3 and maximum 6 participants
TOUR GUIDE: experienced pilot-guide who speaks French and English
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION: floatplane and motorized boat
TRIP INTO THE WILDS
– Immense wilderness region of lakes and rivers
– Exceptional fishing on rivers of the East coast of Ungava
– The arctic char schools
– Savouring the day’s catch cooked over a wood-burning fire
1: Montreal – Kuujjuaq – Rapid Lake. Upon arrival at Rapid Lake, the manager-owner will welcome you with a cocktail, followed by the emission of fishing license and a presentation of your upcoming itinerary. In the afternoon, you are free to fish. Dinner and overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 2, 3, 4, 5: Floatplane fly-out and arctic char fishing. Early in the morning we fly out to the East coast of Ungava where we will set up the camp on one of our rivers. Our experienced fly fishing guide will show you how to catch arctic char. The East Ungava rivers are famous for their big migratory arctic chars which average 10 lbs. For lunch, take a moment to braise some of your catch over a wood-burning fire and watch the fish jumping up the falls. At the end of the day, you will camp out by the river. Overnight stay in a bivouac.
Day 6: Fish different parts of the river. Fish for arctic char in the middle part of the river and discover secluded pools where the largest migratory chars are hiding. Overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 7: Return trip. Breakfast at the Lodge.
Keep in Mind
The suggested tour is a general example and may be modified upon request. Bushland flights are often subject to last-minute change depending on weather conditions, in which case the itinerary will be adapted to the best possible alternative. 2% discount for payment by cheque.
Rapid Lake Lodge is situated in Arctic Quebec 1,400 km North of Montreal / 150 km south-east of Kuujjuaq. The Ungava Bay is less than one hour and a quarter of flight time North of Rapid Lake. This coastal region is particularly renowned for its arctic char rivers. The Tunulic / Qurlutuq river where Rapid Lake is situated is recognized for his speckled trout, lake trout and landlocked arctic char.