Valid until 2/09/2018
Privately guided 6 nights
Fly out by floatplane every day to fly fish for the most combative salmonidae – the Arctic char. Experience the amazing Ungava rivers with countless pools full of Arctic char and angling in direct sight of the fish.
Added Features of Rapid Lake Lodge
– Guaranteed departure from 2 participants max 6
– Variety of fishing grounds
– Daily excursions by seaplane
– Exceptional rivers
– Meals providing a taste of Nunavik cuisine
– Early booking discount on some dates (please check with us)
Price per person, triple occupancy from 10 860 $ CAD / 7 267 € / 8 558 $ US (plus tax).
Our Price Includes:
- >Round-trip jet flight between Montreal and Kuujjuaq
- >Round-trip flight between Kuujjuaq and Rapid Lake
- >Group information meeting with your tour guide from Day 1 to Day 7
- >Guided fishing excursions by floatplane with a pilot-guide who speaks French and English
- >Accommodations at Rapid Lake Lodge in cosy private cabin with showers and hot water
- >Full board including dinner on the first day up to breakfast on the last day
- >Our outstanding Ungava-style hors d’œuvres
- >Snacks and beverages between meals
- >Preparation, freezing and packaging of your catch
- >Ice service
- >Free access to Wi-Fi
Optional activities – can be added on request, personal gear, alcoholic drinks, provincial fishing licenses*, taxes, tipping at your discretion (international standard 100-200$ CAD / pers./ week).
*May be purchased at the camp
Further detailed tax info is available in the “Rates” section. http://www.rapidlake.com/en/francais-tarifs/
FLIGHT TIME: about 3 hours
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 6 max
TOUR GUIDE: experienced pilot-guide who speaks French and EnglishLOCAL
TRANSPORTATION: floatplane and motorized boat
SMALL GROUPS SUPPLÉMENT: If the group consists of only 2 participants: + 3000 $ CAD TTC / person
August 9 – 15, 2018 : 2 places
August 15 – 21, 2018 : sold out
August 21 – 27, 2018 : sold out
August 27 – September 2, 2018 : in progress
September 2 – 8, 2018 : 3 places
The states of booking fluctuate according to the options, the cancellations and the inscriptions.
TRIP INTO THE WILDERNESS
– Immense wildeness region of lakes and rivers
– Exceptional fishing on little-known rivers
– Pristine waters
– Savouring the day’s catch cooked over a wood-burning fire
Day 1: Montreal – Kuujjuaq – Rapid Lake Upon arrival at Rapid Lake, the manager-owner will welcome you with a cocktail, followed by the emission of fishing license and a presentation of your upcoming itinerary. In the afternoon, you are free to fish. Dinner and overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 2 and 3: Arctic Char Fishing on the Baudoncourt Today we fly out to the East coast of Ungava. After one hour and a quarter of flight over a beautiful landscape of fjords, lakes and rivers, we drop our lines in the famous Baudoncourt. We fish for the migratory arctic char in the large granitic pools situated at the mouth of the river. Arctic chars in those pools are migrating from the sea in large numbers and are big fighters. Overnight stay at the lodge. Overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 4 and 5: Arctic Char Fishing on the Sapukkait Early in the morning we fly out to the Ungava coast to fish on the wonderful Sapukkait River. This river is renowned for his large number of migratory arctic chars and seasonal residents. The topography of this river with shallow pools forces the chars to stay near the water surface. When you’ll catch a migratory arctic char on Sapukkait, you’ll understand then what is the point of having lots of backing and a strong break. Most of the time the fishing is done at sight direct on fishes. Sapukkait is also an excellent river to catch big red chars. Overnight stay at the Lodge and Labrador tea tasting.
Day 6: Arctic Char Fishing on the Baudoncourt and Sapukkait Departure early in the morning for the East coast of Ungava. Today we fish for arctic chars along the coast and in pools situated in the middle part of the Baudoncourt and Sapukkait rivers. A day of fishing with a great variety of pools and rapids . Overnight stay in the lodge.
Day 7: Return Trip. Breakfast at the Lodge.
Keep in Mind
The suggested tour is a general example and may be modified upon request. Bushland flights are often subject to last-minute changes depending on weather conditions, in which case the itinerary will be adapted to the best possible alternative. 2% discount for payment by cheque.