Valid until 8/09/2018
Privately guided 6 nights
Guaranteed departure from 2 participants max. 6
Here is an unparalleled fishing trip to Arctic Quebec – Nunavik. Experience the beautiful autumn foliage on the tundra, the colourful auroras borealis and the Ungava’s big red arctic char. From late August through mid-September the rivers on the East coast of Ungava are stacked with big red arctic char. Fly-out every day by floatplane and fish in rivers which are among the most pristine on the planet.
View the video: RED CHAR RELEASE IN NUNAVIK
Added Features of Rapid Lake Lodge
– Guaranteed departures from two (2) participants maximum of six (6)
– Variety of fishing grounds
– Daily excursions by seaplane
– Meals providing a taste of Nunavik cuisine
– Early booking discount on some dates (please check with us)
Price per person, triple occupancy, 7 days / 6 nights, from 10 860 $ CAD / 7 267 € / 8 558 $ US (plus tax).
Our Price Includes:
- >Round-trip jet flight between Montreal and Kuujjuaq
- >Round-trip flight between Kuujjuaq and Rapid Lake
- >Group information meeting with your tour guide from Day 1 to Day 7
- >Guided fishing excursions by floatplane with a pilot-guide who speaks French and English
- >Accommodations at Rapid Lake Lodge in cosy private cabin with showers and hot water
- >Full board including dinner on the first day up to breakfast on the last day
- >Our outstanding Ungava-style hors d’œuvres
- >Snacks and beverages between meals
- >Preparation, freezing and packaging of your catch
- >Ice service
- >Free access to Wi-Fi
Optional activities – can be added on request, personal gear, alcoholic drinks, provincial fishing licenses*, taxes, tipping at your discretion (international standard 100-200$ CAD / pers./ week).
*May be purchased at the camp
Further detailed tax info is available in the “Rates” section. http://www.rapidlake.com/en/francais-tarifs/
FLIGHT TIME: about 3 hours
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2 min, 6 max
TOUR GUIDE: experienced pilot-guide who speaks French and English
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION: floatplane and motorized boat
SMALL GROUPS SUPPLÉMENT: If the group consists of only 2 participants: + 3000 $ CAD TTC / person
August 27 – September 2, 2018 : SOLD OUT
September 2 – 8, 2018 : SOLD OUT
The states of booking fluctuate according to the options, the cancellations and the inscriptions.
TRIP INTO THE WILDERNESS
– Immense wilderness region of lakes and rivers
– Exceptional fishing on little-known rivers
– Pristine waters
-The schools of red char
-The aurora borealis
-The autumn tundra colors
-Savouring the day’s catch cooked over a wood-burning fire
Day 1: Montreal – Kuujjuaq – Rapid Lake. Upon arrival at Rapid Lake, the manager-owner will welcome you with a cocktail, followed by the emission of fishing license and a presentation of your upcoming itinerary. In the afternoon, you are free to fish. Dinner and overnight stay at the Lodge.
Day 2 and 3: Fly-out fishing at the Baudoncourt River. Early morning fly-out to the Baudoncourt River where we will fish the big red char in the middle part of the river. Get ready for epic battles before you can take in your hands this beautiful brightly colored fish. At night, watch the aurora borealis. Overnight stay at the Lodge and Labrador tea tasting.
Day 4 and 5: Fly-out fishing at the Sapukkait River. After one hour and a quarter of flying time over the impressive coastal landscape of Ungava Bay, we drop our lines in the Sapukkait River. Renowned for its big red chars Sapukkait is a real fly fishermen’s paradise.
Here sight fishing and accuracy will be crucial to try to measure up to these magnificent fish and combative. Overnight stay at the Lodge and Labrador tea tasting.
Day 6: Fly-out fishing of your choice. Take advantage of this last day to fish for the brook trout, lake trout or if you prefer return to arctic char fishing. At night, watch the aurora borealis. Overnight stay at the Lodge and Labrador tea tasting.
Day 7: Return Trip. Breakfast at the Lodge.
Keep in Mind
The suggested tour is a general example and may be modified upon request. Bushland flights are often subject to last-minute changes depending on weather conditions, in which case the itinerary will be adapted to the best possible alternative. 2% discount for payment by cheque.