Please contact us for package details and pricing information.
Valid until (dates available soon)
Guaranteed departure from 2 participants
Privately guided 7-day/6-night trip – (custom package available)
Have an authentic experience discovering Nunavik’s iconic wildlife! Here, you’ll find polar bears, caribou, wolves, and black bears, as well as lemmings, snowy owls, and peregrine falcons, along with incredible photo opportunities. Starting from our new fully-equipped bivouac site, you will get close to nature and the region’s wild animals, totally immersed at the heart of the Arctic tundra.
View the video: POLAR BEARS FISHING ARCTIC CHAR IN NUNAVIK QUEBEC
View the video (fully narrated): POLAR BEARS TRY TO CATCH ARCTIC CHAR
Added Features of Rapid Lake Lodge
– Guaranteed departures for groups of 2 or more.
– The observation of animals in their natural environment.
– Early booking discount on some dates (please check with us).
Our Price Includes:
- >Round trip jet flight travels between Montreal and Kuujjuaq
- >Round trip air travel between Kuujjuaq and Barnoin Ecolodge
- >Group information meeting with your tour guide, from Day 1 to Day 7
- >Guided Photo Safari by floatplane and on foot with a pilot-guide who speaks French and English
- >Accommodations at Barnoin Ecolodge in cosy private cabins with access to hot showers and running water (2 nights)
- >Full board, including dinner on the first day through breakfast on the last day
- >Snacks and beverages between meals
- >Four (4) nights in bivouac under tents + electricity to recharge the batteries
- >Dome tents 3 places (for 2 pers.) + cots, mattresses, pillows, heater and lantern
- >All the kitchen material, tables, chairs and big tent for the meals
Optional activities – can be added on request, personal gear, alcoholic drinks, taxes, tipping at your discretion (international standard 10-15 $ CAD /day/person)
FLIGHT TIME: about 3 hours
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: minimum 2 and 6 maximum
TOUR GUIDE: guide who speaks French and English
HIKES/TREKS: easily accessible, not particularly demanding
LOCAL TRANSPORTATION: floatplane
SMALL GROUPS SUPPLEMENT: If the group consists of only 2 participants, a sucharge will be applied
DATES: available soon
The states of booking fluctuate according to the options, the cancellations and the inscriptions.
– Total immersion at the heart of the Arctic tundra
– See wild animals in their natural habitats
– Observe polar bears
– Discover the stunning landscapes of the Arctic Cordillera
– See the northern lights dancing in the sky
1st day: Flight Montreal / Kuujjuaq / Barnoin Ecolodge. Upon arrival at the Barnoin camp, you will be welcomed by the manager-owner with a cocktail and a presentation of the upcoming itinerary. Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge.
2nd day: Barnoin – Ungava coast. After breakfast, we will fly to the bivouac site located not far from the Ungava coast. During the morning flight, we will follow along the Ungava coastline where we will try to spot bears and a variety of land-based and aquatic animals. Upon arrival at the bivouac site, we will make a short stop to unload base camp materials and then we will continue our flight for a few minutes to get to a polar bear observation site. Free lunch. At the end of the day, we will return to the bivouac site. Starting from mid-August, you will have the opportunity to observe the northern lights in the sky. Overnight stay in the bivouac.
3rd, 4th, 5th day: Safari in bivouac. Early in the morning, we will fly out again in search of the region’s iconic animals: polar bears, black bears, wolves, and caribou, as well as peregrine falcons, eagles, snowy owls, and lemmings. At the end of the day, we will return to the bivouac site. This is the time to relax around a camp fire, share a good meal, and try a Labrador tea. Overnight stay in the bivouac and if the sky is clear, you can observe the northern lights dancing in the sky.
6th day: Ungava coast – Barnoin After breakfast, we will pack up and head to a small coastal river where we will see schools of Arctic char swimming upstream and leaping up the rapids. Polar bears and black bears live side by side here and can often be seen wading and fishing in the river. It’s a fascinating spectacle! Overnight stay at the Barnoin Lodge.
7th day: Return trip. Lunch at the Lodge.
Keep in Mind
During the safari bivouac, you will sleep, most of the time, under the tent. This type of lodging allows you to be closer to nature. However the conditions of accommodation are basic and don’t expect the comfort that you would have in a classic hotel structure. However, if the experience tempts you and that you are ready to live it, you will not be disappointed by the adventure! The suggested tour is a general example and may be modified upon request. The itinerary is flexible based on local conditions and may occasionally occur in reverse order. Bushland flights are often subject to last-minute change depending on weather conditions, in which case the itinerary will be adapted to the best possible alternative. 2% discount for payment by cheque.
The Barnoin River Camp is situated in Arctic Quebec “Nunavik” 1,500 km north of Montreal and 165 km east of Kuujjuaq. Ungava Bay is located less than 40 km north of the camp. Three (3) km east of Barnoin you’ll find Kuururjuaq Park and 50 km further to the East the Torngat Mountain National Park of Canada. It’s from Barnoin that you’ll fly out to experience authentic wildlife experiences.